Thursday 12 July 2007

Melbourne -- Phillip Island


As promised, I'm here to write more about my Melbourne trip. I've just come to realise that staying here - in Macquarie - for almost half a year makes me start to think of my Unit 31, room 4, as my home. I feel warm and safe here (often with heater on nowadays), no matter how bad the weather is outside. Even that time when there was this 'most severe storm in 30 years' few months ago, I was outdoor, with my groceries when the storm hit Marsfield. I remember the courtesy bus didn't stop for me at the international office. I dragged my drenched self, with all the heavy stuff, to cross the road to the next bus stop, and was fortunate to still catch it. I didn't feel safe, until I reached my house. After bathing and having dinner, I realised that I've got to learn to call this home.

Ok Ok, enough of all these crap.

THE PHILLIP ISLAND

This is the second day trip we went. This time we had a whole bus of Malaysian (with 98% JPA scholars). Desmond joked that if something bad were to happen to this bus, Malaysian government will never ever send scholars here again. All of us were like, choi choi choi touch wood.






Prior to entering the island area we had an experience with taking what they called 'ancient train'. The train itself wasn't too thrilling but it was my funny friends who made it great fun!


It is us!!




















Look at the way people sit.







This is at an animal park.










Kangaroos are cute. We get to feed them with our hands. EW!!!! The saliva was disgusting but still, they are wonderful creatures.









Ducks. They are everywhere in Macquarie but I seldom bother them. It's only when I was pon holiday that they managed to catch my eyes.













The laziest thing in the world -Koala bear. They sleep 20 hours a day.




I wanted to upload more pictures but the connection just didn't want to co-operate with me. Sigh, got to stop here for this time.

No comments: