Tuesday 17 July 2007

OMG i can't believe my result

How shall I describe how I feel now?? Happy or surprised? I guess it should be both. Happy because I get good results and will definitely hope to maintain it throughout my degree. Surprised because I can't believe that it is an HD even for MATH132 in which I know I did quite badly. Surprisingly it is 96 marks...How can that be? I left 2 questions unanswered!!!How can there be such a dramatic scalling? The two questions can easily cost be at least 15 marks. There is only one explanation for this -- Nobody or only very very few people could handle those two questions.

There is one thing here that I should bear in mind in the midst of all the excitement that fills my head now: I have set a standard for myself. Yes, this is me. I've always been setting standards for myself. In Sec School I set the standard to be a strong candidate for the prestigious JPA scholarship -- and through hard work, I did it. In SAM, I set the standard since the first day to be the top student of Taylor's College -- and through hard work, I did it. Now, I gave myself a great start by scoring 4 HD's for first sem, that's good, but not yet GREAT. What I need to do now is to maintain this standard throughout my degree. According to my seniors, HD 's in second, third and Honours years will be tougher than first year. I shall keep this in mind and not let this small success blurr myself from the real goal of securring a place in the Honours programme.

A good start in Australia gives me more confidence now. I can do it if I try!!!

I still remember screwing up my ACST151 first and second tests, but I put in the effort to correct my mistakes and did well for the finals.

Special thanks to:
Brian Chu, my ACST151 tutor/lecturer, for the guidance on insurance theories
Mr. Alex Blair, my ECON110 lecturer, for the encouragement and help with my LA progress
Mr. Craig MacMillan, ECON110 lecturer, for helping me during consultation with questions
Dr.Bon Clarke, my Math132 lecturer, for setting such tough assigment questions (and finals too)
Prof Xuan Duong, my Math132 lecturer, for being nice to us all.

No comments: