Tuesday 3 April 2007

Taking a break

Ah... Feeling quite bored of reading MATH132 notes. My lecturers Bon Clarke and William Chen love to write a lot during lectures but advise us "not to copy". But anyway almost everyone in the hall is busy writing down whatever scribble any one of them wrote. We end up with many notes (incliding the electronic version online) to study.

Azuan told me he's thinking of getting a work permit when we walked back from uni this afternoon. I think that would be a good idea. I see some of my seniors working but apparently they are still coping fairly well with schoolwork. So I guess working might be a good way of experiencing new things. I shall figure out the procedure of applying for a work permit this easter break. The most lucrative job I heard so far is working in uni itself, say as a tutor. If I'm not mistaken the rate is something like 95 dollard per hour. WOW!! But of course one of the pre-requisite is to do well in the subject (in order to teach other ppl, of course).

This week we will have a pizza dinner on Thursday (last day of school before holiday) and a pot lucky dinner this Friday. I think I shall just fry fish fillet, fish in Australia are rather fresh, from what i see. Each one of us will be contributing something, so we can expect alot of food to fill our bellies on Friday night. Erm, for Good Friday (a special day for Christians which I don't quite understand ).

Meanwhile I have to hand in my math assignment tomorrow, take a small class test on Thursday, and then I'll be off for a two-week break. Nevertheless I'm still expected to revise everything covered in these two months since the final exam is pending in early June. More stats assignments to be completed as well as more econ quiz to be submitted. Life is not too terribly busy despite all these. Like I'd said I sign up for dance classes and gym activitites and am enjoying them thus far.

Need to go back to studies now.... Pictures coming next time (probably after holiday starts).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wo.. 95 Aud per hour

i work in taylor's teach those weak student only 25 for an hour ...gosh