Saturday 28 April 2007

Erratic weather

Today's weather is relatively fine. There are certain days where the temperature can drop below 10 C and it is freezing me to death. Back in Malaysia the weather would get cooler should it rains, but what I observed here tells a wholy different story. I would prefer it to rain often (but not on the days that i need to go out). The pour will sort of tone up and moderate the temperature change and that means a more pleasant night. Yesterday it rained and the night temperature was awesome, though I woke up at 4.00 in the morning because I slept at 9.00pm (accidentally when I was lying on my bed "for a short nap"). haha

Well, it's pretty much the same tale regarding my Uni life here. What changes is just the amount of work, assessments, tests and assignments, other than that every week seems almost the same. But what adds colours to this boring routine is the way I go about cooking 'interesting and creative meals' for myself. So far I've tried many dishes and am pleased with the progress my my initially amateurish cooking skills. Fried rice and meehoon are old stories, hm....pancakes too (quite successfully), bakes potatoes, chocolate cake (for Shir Lynn's birthday) which got burn a little due to my fren's oven which was set for too long, green and red beans soup, fish poridge, fried chicken, pasta, speghetti (with what you guess? kangaroo meat! it tastes pretty delicious), pork and bake beans etc. Am currently having lots of plans on what creative stuff to cook, the problem is I can't finish eating if I cook too much~!

Would try curry some day when I get hold of some curry powder, which my coursemate promised to get me. Oh yea, and kuanlo noodles also....... Just really wanna eat some Msian food which I felt rather sick of back at home. Now I feel sick of seeing hotdogs!

Final exam for the first sem will start in June. After which, I might start looking for a job to spend my winter break. Of course I'll go for some travelling too. Hope to go Blue Moutain soon and apparently Macquarie International have some really wonderful trips coming during that long break.

Okie, need to go back to studies now. That's all till next time.

~Xin Yin~ (in front of studying table facing my notes)

No comments: