Thursday 7 August 2008

Hail the cheapskates.

Couldn't believe my eyes. As I was carrying my groceries for the next 4 days just walking out from Woolworth supermarket, I saw:

2 ang-moh's, a guy and a girl. I presume that they were a couple. By the way, Woolies happened to have a sale on the lunch buns, which was selling 12 for $2.99. A pretty good deal I thought, from past experience. Also, canned tuna was selling 7 for $7.

The pair looked really joyous chit-chatting with one another. Dating sweetly, I suppose. They were sitting together at a table in the food court, with their laps stuck together, eating what you guess? Remember what I said about the special items?

You got it, smart. They were using the plastic knife provided in the foodcourt, cutting open a bun from the 12 pack, stuffing canned tuna on it, and ate the bun of course. Oh yeah, they did the cutting on a piece of tissue paper, also from the food court.

I thought cheapskates exist only among asians. The truth is, there are also some among the ang-moh's. Such an eye-opener.

No comments: