Sunday 20 May 2007

My Sunday

I went for a job interview today at Chatswood. Had a fairly tough time locating that building which lies at an obscured corner around Railway Street. After nearly half-an-hour looking here and there like a TOURIST i finally found it to be just a 5 minute walking distance from the Bus Interchange. Haih....blame myself not bringing a compass, haha.

It is a large dental surgery which apparently needs more dental assistants. The youngest Dentist over there, Dr. Gordon opened the door for me and held the interview with the presence of another part-time job seeker from China. He spoke alot about what kind of tasks we are expected to do...and bla bla bla there goes on to things like the pay rate and the trainings we need to go through to gain acceptance into the job offered. Hm....he said we need to perform well and impress the dentists over there, only then we'll get the job. It's gonna be tough...I guess, but anyway I shall just try my luck after exam. Meanwhile I can look for some other part-time job as back-up in case I don't get this one. The good thing about being a dental assistant compared to other jobs like waitress, cleaners etc is that I'll get to learn new stuff (about the equipments, general knowledge about teeth) and also hone up my communication skills. But I really need to be careful with all the sharp objects used in the surgery.

The ugly side of this week is the stupid Perdisco assignment I have to do every week. The question asked for expected returns on investment but surprisingly the answer given turns out to be the accumulated value of investment money!!!DAMN, this means my answers are all marked wrong and I was given a super sucky mark instead of 100% that i decerve (coz I did everything right!). DAMN, this is why i hate the use of MACHINES as a tool of assessment. A machine (computer) does not give any consideration to ambiguity of questions and will never think he is wrong. Super hate it! But anyway the final exam is so near that i don't have time to dwell too much on this. What matters in the end is the final exam which will be marked by HUMAN instead of COMPUTER. If I score well in that I will DEFINITELY be rewarded regardless of what happened in the Semester. So really need to work hard on it.

Pretty much the same stuff as my last entry?? Sorry, these are the stuffs that shape my life over here and I don't have too much other things to write on other than uni work and life. Winter break will come after exam and by then my blogs will be a whole lot more interesting than this one. Promise.

Oh yea, my ex-housemate Audrey actually read my blog and I feel so happy to hear from her. And....Joy and Martha bought me a good-luck present for my job interview and I felt so so touched. What's more, Martha just refused to take back the shirt she lent to me and insisted that I keep that. I don't feel good to reject it and promise to buy her something as soon as I get my first pay. There are lots of wonderful people around me as are nasty and weird nerds. Not all elements of uni life are making-you-feel-good, but they certainly would make me grow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is my pleasure to read all my daughter's blog..hehe..I can keep track on what are u gurls up to..

luv,
Audrey

Xin Yin said...

haha...it's an honour for mummy to read my crappy blog