Monday 28 May 2007

2 more weeks from final exam

It seems that I just arrived in Australia and started my uni life not too long ago, and now I am so near to my first final exam at university level. Time flies off so fast that it actually scares me. Perhaps the hectic student life burdened with tests and assignments are making us oblivious to what happened around us and the time that has passed. Judging from this I can say that my 4 years of uni life (hopefully i can get into Honours) would pass really fast, and without realising it we have officially turned adult and start our working life.

Sigh... It is really hard to truly balance between work and play as we don't actually know where the appropriate boundaries are. How much time should we devote to fun and excitement, and to serious academic pursuit??This is a hard question, no doubt. But for me the priority is still studies as I know how hard it is to graduate with an actuarial degree and am pretty sure that all the hard work will pay off at the end, during the graduation ceremony and more so in my later career.

I am studying with a lot of China Chinese and guess what? They are extremely and amazingly diligent (crazy and obsessed) with studies. You can see them studying at every minute, in any place they are encountered. Even during lunch time they will be hugging their books, I am not joking here. That explains their good grades. Some attribute this to the competitive nature of academic life back in China, and I totally agree with this. It is the hardest to study with Chinese. Sigh...

Okies, I guess the post is getting pretty boring when all I am thinking now is how to squash all the stuff that i learned in this semester into my head and make it stay until my last paper is collected. Lets end here and I promise to make up for all the uninteresting posts with some really enhilarating ones after my exams.

No comments: