Friday 11 May 2007

Winter's coming, so is exam

The weather this few days is sooo COLD. I would shiver in outdoors if I happen to forget my sweater. Woo....and when the wind flows you would be freezed to death without proper warm clothing. I heard from my friends that Melbourne is even COLDER. I wonder how we are gonna visit around Melbourne after finals.....by the way we have booked the ticket to Melbourne this winter. Crazy, you might think, for all reasons we prefer not to stay in the relatively warmer Sydney. But anyway we are just gonna stay there for six days so I guess it would be okay.

Compounding the 'misery' of life here is the never-ending coursework we as actuarial students have to complete. Just finished two tests this week (i guess I did fine), but we really have no time to rest on our laurels because two assignments are expected from us and ECON test is coming next week!

The lectures are getting tougher, as expected. But in a way it motivates me to work just that bit harder to cope, which is a good thing (as far as I'm concerned). Tute works are pilling like hills right now, and I don't quite understand how some people can still take up more than one job in semester as a full-time student. No doubt, this would compromise studies!! I would much rather study hard and try to score better in exam than trying to earn more money (which I don't think I have the time to spend anyway given our current workload).

Oh yea, I finally cooked myself a pot of curry and it was gorgeous!! Can't believe that a pot of curry of such good quality came from the hands of an amateur cook like myself. Maybe I was just lucky to have mixed and cooked everything in the right proportion. One thing is for sure, my cooking, no matter how amateurish it is, is a million times better than what I can get by paying outside. This is especially true for the sucky sandwiches I bought (because I needed more time to prepare for exam rather than cooking). ARGH, the supposedly chicken sandwich was so tasteless that it tasted like plain FLOUR with RAW vege. And how much you guess it costed me? 2 slices of bread for $4.25!! Almost RM13!! But that's the way we live when we don't have time to prepare food.... Not only our taste buds suffer from the sucky food, our wallet will suffer too.

That's all I can think of this week.

-Xin Yin-

No comments: