Tuesday 27 November 2007

Pure randomness

"Thank you for teaching me what the true world is like.Thank you for inflicting upon me what is my toughest year so far.Thank you for letting me learn what true friends are made of.Thank you for letting me experience a true crafter of manipulation. Thank you for allowing me the chance to know how fake a person can be."

I so happen to read this in my neighbour's blog. I think I can write some useful reminders for myself.

A true word is like a coin - there are two sides, one labeled with 'good', another with 'evil'. And 99% of the time, you choose which side is to be facing up.

In the modern world free of slavery, and provided that you're not a victim of criminal activities, no action from other people will inflict pain on you unless you ALLOW that to happen.

Manupulation is what life is make of. We manupulate things in our favour most of the time. So what's wrong with that?? Everyone does that, and we should all understand that human beings act in self-interest. To put in another way, you only have yourself to blame if you fall for any. And usually that happens because you have done exactly the same thing to that person. The universal law of retribution, there it goes.

All of us, at some point in life, have to put on a mask. The reason is simple: We are imperfect, but we want perfection, so we act to be the way we want ourselves to be. We act in self-defense, we act in self-protection. We act when we attend interviews, when we do presentation, when we talk etc. Acting is an essential part of life, otherwise life is all gloomy. Things are not always nice to see and nice to hear, but given the fact that most people prefer these, acting is essential and NOT CRIMINAL. Whenever we complain about how fake a person is, it is always useful to ask yourself : 'Have I done the same thing??'. Invariably, the answer is YES.

Haven't you heard of this chinese saying:

Life is a life drama - there is no preparation of scripts or plots. We are all life actors and we act to make the drama as pleasant as we can - but we don't always succeed - and that makes it a good drama.

No comments: