Wednesday 3 January 2007

What 2007 might hold for me

My secondary school principal once said, the most important determinant of success is one's ability to foresee, foretell, predict, and most crucially, to alter or maintain it. There are some who only think of what themselves would be tomorrow; some can see themselves a year, 5 years, 10 years, or even 20 years coming.

I was very impressed by his speech in a beautiful morning of 2004, he was actually trying to remind us of the impending SPM examination (which I think I did fairly well, gua). That time he said we don't have to forecast our future in 5 or 10 years time, but just plan ahead for the SPM exam few months later.

To some extent I was moved, that's why I wrote all these nonsense here, ha.

I am not of the highest class, so I don't plan 5 or 10 years ahead. Having said this, I do try to at least plan for the year of 2007. My 2006 was a mix of tears and laughter, joy and sorrows. I did grow up, in many ways.

January of 2007 would be spent at Taiping, my home town. I would try to pass my driving test (have promised myself to try hard in the last two lessons). Then I have to attend a briefing by JPA, advising us on overseas procedures and other unknown stuffs. I got to always prepare my luggage to Australia.

February of 2007, would go to Sydney before Chinese New Year. That's nothing to me, I know how it feels when going through the same experience two years ago in S'pore. New Year? It's just another day (though I honestly prefer to spend it in Malaysia).

For the remaining time of 2007, I would be in Australia. This time I shall be hardworking, studious, at the same time enjoy my life as well. Not everyone gets to go overseas, neither is the time on foreign land for us lucky ones long. By the way it's only 4 years.

2007, let it be a happy year.

No comments: