Wednesday 14 February 2007

Macquarie University Village

12 February 2007 would be remembered as a special day- the start of a new chapter by 69 JPA scholars who flew to Sydney, 65 to Melbourne and 15 to Adelaide. My flight to Sydney was the last trip of the day, along which a JPA officer followed. We arrived at Macquarie, Sydney, on 13 February 2007 after boarding MH0123 (Malaysian Airlines) for nearly 8 hours. I couldn't actually remember how many of us are sent here.... All I know is many chinese under Actuarial Science are here, plus another two Malay students who will be studying Accountancy.

Macquarie University Village is where I would be staying in Australia for 4 years (unless I change my mind later on). It's located adjacent to the main campus of Macquarie University, but unfortunately we students still have to walk 30 minutes to the university. Haih.... I might consider to buy a bike if I find an affordable one.


Here are some of the pictures of MUV. You would not see me in those pictures yet coz I have to talk those myself. Don't worry, I will post pictures with my face in them very soon.

















This is the house I'm staying. Unit no. 31.4. I'm sharing the house with four other girls. Each of us has a bedroom for ourselves with a small bathroom.









Another picture of the village houses from different angle.
















And this is the part of the kitchen...I could take the whole kitchen.























This's the living hall. Unfortunately there are only 4 channels on the TV provided here.
















Bathroom










Shower place.













My bed







Studying desk.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe..ur hostel like UK university of bath hostel le..quite interesting..aus bike is quite cheap and if u wan to work there ..just apply student working card (around AUD 50+) then u can earn one hour AUD 10++ liao...

enjoy ur life. Ooi Xin Ying.

anyway i am flying to Columbia university for my interview ..after CNY

ho sheng (jie)

she said...

gaggga, OXY this guy spell your name wrongly!!! what can i do for you to punish him?

Xin Yin said...

kill him...dont befriend him..hahaha