Friday 16 February 2007

Star cooking in Sydney

Yesterday was the first time I cook in this new country. I told jong woei that I actually cook for myself, he didn't believe it at first. He couldn't imagine how I gonna get all the raw ingredients in Australia. I can understand that, of course, for I'm still new in this country and am expected to get myself lost in the middle of the bustling city. By the way the place I stay is in Sydney suburbs, so there wouldn't be too many buildings to confuse me like it would in Sydney city centre. Phew, lucky me!

Me, Shir Lynn, Sze Rhui, Victor, Chen Chin, and Yan Chew went hang out at Macquarie Shopping centre everyday since we arrived at MUV. It's a 30- minutes-walk from my hostel. My legs are always aching after the long walk. I am thinking of getting a bike, but that would mean more spending to be made. Hoh, these few days I treated money like water.... have lost count how much I actually spent. JPA is givig us AUD$1200 every month - not quite enough considering that accommodation would take up more than half of that amount. Ishwin, my new indian friend, is lucky to have both her parents coming down to Australia with her. Her parents were very nice to us. Her mum even offered to buy us stuff.

Yea, nearly forgot the reason I blog today... I fried vege yesterday and it tasted pretty good with rice. I can't stand eating western food everyday. Not just to keep slim but also to keep myself healthy. I ate the huge pizzas with Victor, Chen Chin and Yan Chew on the second day, and ended up feeling guity about walooping such a fattening meal. Unfortunately I managed to convince myself to skip dinner on that night, if not I might just gain a few kg with that meal (even though I didn't take the chicken wings, better still). Today I cooked chicken vege and chicken soup. This's the first time I handle raw chicken myself. Previously back in Msia I would have mummy guiding me. I felt rather proud of my dishes, to say honestly, and finished every drop of it except the chicken vege which was quite a big portion.

Me and my friends are planning to treat ourselves to chinese new year eve reunion dinner. We bought stuffs this evening and hopefully everything goes on smoothly tomorrow. I hope none of us ends up getting stomachache or food poisoning....

I have rented a modem and thus could go online often if time permits. I miss Msia and my family and all my friends. But this is a stage that I'm determined to strive through. My uncle ten Huan did that many years ago... he didn't go back to Msia until his final year of undergraduate studies. But i wouldn't be so bad...might go back next year. Papa and mummy promise me to come down to Australia to see me the next summer holiday, after that I maygo back during summer the following year. Not sure about that, depending on whether I think staying back and working is worth the stay during summer.

Happy Chinese New Year. Gong Xi Fa Chai. Wan Shi Ru Yi.

3 comments:

she said...

wahahah.....now you have time to cook. but right after your schl starts, and have lots of exam coming...i think u won't cook at all!
u'll b so busy until you feel like eating fastfood only, save you time to study and finish d assignments. because if you cook, you need at least 1 hour to eat and cook....and by the time you finish the foods, you need to
wash the pots and dishes....hahaha...good luck

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

har. Terine i agree the 1st part of ur comment(wkakakaka) Xin Yin in Taylor's 1 year and 4 months.

I dun think she cook at all wo ...because are in SAM (self abuse matriculation) we have no time for that kind of thing.

Aus, eat outside super expensive, ur hostel din provide food !? eat hostel one lar.... if possible try to noe some senior because ur course "A.Science" not easy at all just like A-level future math (degree year 1 math) and In 1 semester you have to master it (future math is few times harder then ur S.math in SAM)

try to eat the food from Aus, dun always remember malaysia foods because this will help u save a lot of money !!! (Aus foods are always cheaper compare to chinese foods)

when u wan to buy books just ask ur frenz or family buy from malaysia and send there and it's still few time cheaper

take this as an advice..

ho sheng
(a fren study in Aus for a month-sponsor by istana budayaan )