Wednesday 21 February 2007

oreintation sucks

This morning was the first time I was formally recognised as a Macquarie University international student. We attended a briefing about visa matters and how to adapt to the Australian academic environment. A lady with blond hair spoke to us and I was glad that I didn't have to strain my ears listening to her accent. Hopefully I am slowing getting used to it.

We did our enrolment after that. It was a hassle for me. I logged into my e-student, and managed to get everything regarding my timetable sorted out with little help from the officials who were obviously too busy to care about me. Luckily I sat next to a Malaysian Taylorian guy who was quite helpful. He told me what to do and stuff like that.

But all was not smooth sailing, as expected. After logging out i realised a mistake and tried to log in again. But this time I couldn't. OH MY GOSH!!!

Yea before that let me tell you what the mistake was. I forgot to enrol myself to a Stats tutorial class because ALL THE CLASSES AVAILABLE WERE FULL. I was asking, isn't the uni supposed to prepare enough places for everybody. Anyway, I went to the Stats department to complain about that, and fortunately the lady in charge managed to increase the number of classes for me and others.

I rushed all the way to the IT helpdesk near library, got my password reset, and returned to the computer room to log in again.

What a busy day....But I had bak kut teh noodle for dinner. It tasted so good with green pepper. Hm.... At least I gave myself a nice treat for all the efforts in Uni.

2 comments:

she said...

wah say, not bad huh your life..can have bak jut teh somemore

Unknown said...

bak jut teh...are u joking ....wei take time to cook leh...

as a guy i also dun cook like tat OK ....the maximum i can do ar ...hotdog ar.... tat all only wkkakakaka