Friday 9 March 2007

An Actuarial Undergraduate's life

Give you an idea of how my life is like.....Take today as an example, coz I don't wanna scare you off my webpage (Sunday is easy compared to the rest of the week).

7.00 am....

Alarm rings. Have to force myself off the bed....the weather (even in summer) is damn cold......
Force myself to wash up, dress up, apply sunscreen and lift my beg...usually at this time I'll go uni. But for today, I went to my friends' house to gather before heading to Malaysian Hall in Sydney for an (unimportant, syiok sendiri) meeting by all the syiok sendiri Malaysians.

8.00am.....
During weekdays, I would be walking to uni at this time, by the way, with the company of ducks and birds. There are plentiful of wildlife in Macquarie University. Today (an exception), I was at a bus stop waiting for a bus to go to Sydney city.

On weekdays, my day starts when I get into the campus. I will be busy catching up with homework (we called it tutorial like most uni's), and read up lecture notes. Before begining, I would sometimes treat myself a mug of coffee or chocolate, and might read the morning paper.

For today I'm spared. But not in everyday from the hassle of rushing to lectures and tutorials. Sometimes got to run from one end to the other in 5 minutes, good exercise though.

I have joined gym in Macquarie, so I go there everyday to burn off some of the excessive fat on my body. It's been nice being in there, sweating like dunno what, while allowing myself to free from all the calculations, stats, econs, probabilities etc. than I need to figure out before the next lecture.

I cook for myself coz the foodcourt here seem to cater only to rich ppl. Or they might assume that all uni students MUST BE RICH (which is so so damn wrong)!!

Hence, the rest is routine... eat, bath, do homework again at night before going to sleep (with a jacket and socks to keep me warm).

Cheers,
Oxy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmm.. look like worst then SAM