Saturday 24 March 2007

Trying to adapt to uni life

It doesn't take me long to sense the primary difference between uni and SAM. I used to think that 2006 past very fast because of the SAM programme. "SAM is terrible!" But I just realise that it's all wrong. SAM is actually quite fun and easy. There wasn't too much independent reading to be made coz we were 'spoonfed' well. We were given more than enough info to manage in an exam. We were 'forced' to do essentially the same exercises until I felt so so sick of the same materials when revising for finals. Repetitive exercises do help in letting the knowledge 'sink in'.

In uni it's a totally different story. Not at any instance when i have too much time to kill. Life goes on with endless lectures and tutorials and work seems to pile up if we decide to take a one-day rest. Pitty me..... When I was writing this blog, the econ tute was lying flat on my desk waiting for me to complete it. Anyway, my econ presentation was over and that seemed to be reasonably well-done. (Comment from my tutor, i am not exactly self-praising).

This evening JPA officer visited our village. She promised to arrive at 11.30am but ended up coming at 1.00pm. Sigh, guess she was following the Msian time which is about 3 hours later. She brought food for us (this's perhaps one good thing about the visit, but waiting for nearly 3 hours is too high a price to pay). We ate satays, fried mee hoon etc. Msian food, finally.

I heard from MUV that they are gonna charge me 1300++ for January and February rent for which I won't get anything in return. I WASN't EVEN HERE THAT TIME!!! But this 's their policy, we can't do anything about that. Damned.

Need to go back to studies. Have a good day!!!

No comments: