Wednesday 9 July 2008

So this is winter in Sydney

I missed the coldest period of Sydney winter last year. I was on a trip to Melbourne, complaining how the wet, cold and eratic Melbourne weather annoyed me and how I adore the relatively warm Sydney during winter. Putting aside the possibility of abnormal weather patterns, I was wrong to give too much credit to Sydney lol. It's approaching mid-July now, the coldest time of winter, and you should look at the way I shiver every morning trying super hard to drag myself off my cosy quilt. My heater is nearly always on, the only time it gets a rest is when I go to bed (coz I'm such a good resident that I follow the advice of MUV to switch off the heater at night, apparently this is good for my health and it saves electricity as well).

But, I still like winter, as long as I'm indoor. Weird huh? One of the most enjoyable thing to do is to sit on my bed, covering myself with quilt, watching and laughing at whatever drama or video clip my laptop is playing. Idle lifestyle you may say. Hey, we need a good rest and relaxation after every semester of toiling and striving. Winter is so much better than summer, when many people will set out for sun-bathing, partying etc while I on my fan on highest speed, sweating and cursing the hot weather. Joy is so right on saying that " we can always layer up when it is cold but we can't possibly strip naked when it is hot".

I still insist on going to gym everyday, despite the weather making it harder for me. It's always windy and sometimes, rainy, outside. While I was typing this post the wind was ROARING like it was about to eat everyone outside up. Trees were shaking like it was their clubbing session. All these make you feel like staying at home, watching from afar how minuscule human are when Mother Nature shows her wrath.

No comments: