Monday 23 June 2008

Free food, Volunteering dream

This year we made it an effort to go for MUV free food parties as we reckon those costs are nothing but inclusive in the expensive rent we paid. Yesterday night was one of those of which we wanted to maximise our utility. We went for the free hot dog party at admin green. The guys ate like dinosaurs (each of them grabbed like 3 or 4 hot dogs) while I just ate two because we decided to not cook dinner, again. The sausages were alright, but the most important thing is that we finally get to chill out and chit chat without having to worry about studies and exams - which is by the way, rare for actuarial students.

After our sausages session we went to Unit 111 to continue chilling out. The three (crazy) girls, quanyie, chia ling and selina, went to Paramatta for shopping therapy and they bought what seemed to me like dozens of accessories for $2 each. That was really CHEAP :0). And they wanted to turn me into one of the bimbo gang next time when they go DFO. Yea thinking of it, I should learn to like shopping the way they do. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to walk from shop to shop comparing prices and screaming on top of my lungs over seemingly good deals. Shall do more of that soon. Of course, that would only be possible if I have enough money to spend on material wants. I'm thinking of going Adelaide to visit my cousins end of this year and that would mean MONEY MONEY MONEY, as usual.

For some weird reason Yeam, fellow Taiping folk studying in ANU, demanded a video for his birthday. The three shopaholics were busy parading with their newly-acquired treasures and eventually as they had settled with what to wear we took that (funny) video (*shake head).

After that we did rubbish talking and at one point we were discussing about "the possibility of going on exchange or on a volunteer programme". Quanyie said exchange will cost at least 4 or 5K (this is definitely beyond my means) while volunteering would cost something like 2 or 3 K due to the recently soaring petrol price. Personally I think those are fabulous experience that a uni student studying overseas should not miss. But then, money is really a problem. How could we afford these money without working like crazy and forgoing time for our studies? No way.

I so wish that I were rich.

No comments: