Tuesday 3 June 2008

Massive style change after this

Getting kinda bored with the routine writing on my life. I'm not saying that my life is boring, but it is really repetitive that you wouldn't wish to listen to my old story over and over again. Study, gym, cooking etc etc are not gonna draw too much interest from readers I guess.

Hence my spur-of-the moment decision to carry out a so called "massive alteration of flavour" in this space. As my exams are approaching you probably would guess that there wouldn't be too many posting before 20th June. But I have decided to take a break from my crazy revision just to post up some phrases that I not only adore but would love to adopt as my life principles.

不生气歌
Don't be angry

人生就像一场戏,相扶到老不容易;
Life is just like a drama, it's not easy to get someone whom you can spend a lifetime with
因为有缘才相聚,是否更该去珍惜;
It's destiny that make us together, so shouldn't we cherish it?
为了小事发脾气,回头想想又何必;
In restrospect, we would realise that we often unnecessarily throw tantrums at minor things
别人生气我不气,气出病来无人替;
Let others be angry but not myself, for if I were to fall sick because of my bad mood there wouldn't be anyone who can compensate me for that
我若气死谁如意,况且伤神又费力;
Neither would anyone be happy if I die because of bad temper, not to mention being angry is something that comsumes my energy and soul
邻居亲朋不要比,儿孙琐事由他去;
Don't always compare yourself with you neighbours, relatives, friends, let go of your children, grandchildren when it is the right time to do so
吃苦享乐在一起,神仙羡慕好伴侣
May we be together for good and bad times; if so, even fairies will envy our closeness as a couple.

I hope my translation isn't too bad.

No comments: